Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Celebrity Cecil - SOLD


Of course I would think this, but I really think one of the most thoughtful gifts someone can give is a piece of art. Anytime I am given the honor or someone commissioning me to provide a painting for that purpose I am honored.  However,  when someone asks me to paint a portrait I am quick to remind them that I am not a realistic painter but an impressionistic one. Their response is usually that they are looking for an impressionistic interpretation and my style is what they want.  That makes me happy.  So that being said, I always hope that something in my painting will touch something in their soul.  

Cecil was a commission that I really enjoyed.  His sweet face and tossed about curls made me smile while I was painting and this is my interpretation of him.

This week I leave for my yearly artistic experience painting with a wonderful instructor, Julee Hutchison and several artists I have painted with for 10 years.  We will be spending the week together at the Sarah Towery Art Colony.  I hope to have some paintings in time for Christmas presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment