Friday, September 8, 2017

She's A Lady



I have had strong women on my mind today so I painted this little painting (8" x 8") for all of those strong women out there.  I started the day by drawing a card for one of the strongest, most beautiful, most intelligent women I know.  I missed her Birthday and wanted to create a card for her with fashion from the 1960's.  (I wish I had taken a picture of it before I mailed it.)  But Biddy Stewart, my heroine, is 98 this month and she is so remarkable.  I want to be her!

Then I ended the day by painting this painting while praying for a dear friend who is going through a very tough time.  She is beautiful, intelligent and a true Southern Belle but she has been forced to "be tough" and fight some red tape for the health and well being of someone she loves.  She is STRONG!!

I am amazed at the strength of the women I know; women of all ages and backgrounds, nationalities, families, social status, color, religion and circumstances.  Thank you Tom Jones for the title to this painting!


"She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible. She walked with the Universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings."   Ariana Dance


No comments:

Post a Comment