Sunday, July 23, 2017

Love Him in the Morning



Last night my husband and I attended a reunion of a youth group that he had been the Youth Director for 35 years ago.  What a wonderful experience to see so many "young" people who are now in their 50's and have grown children.  One of the best parts of the night was to  hear their life journey stories.  Many of them have been in full time Christian ministry for all those years and  the stories of how that group was a pivotal time in their lives was so positive and uplifting.  The bond these young people shared was so strong - they talked about the fact that they came from several different schools but they had loved each other and found common ground in their faith.  

We sang old songs that we had shared during that time and one was titled, "Love Him in the Morning".  It is a song about loving God all day long.  We all remembered the words which is a great accomplishment for me since I cannot even remember where I put my tennis shoes this morning.  I feel very blessed to have been a part of this group and see the miracle of lives changed and lives well lived.  

My angel is a 24" x 24" on gallery wrapped canvas and was created with mixed media.  There is burlap attached to the canvas and then painted.  This is a long process  but one that I find I enjoy the outcome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment