Sunday, April 2, 2017

Remember You Are Forgiven - SOLD



Whitney, my 10 year old granddaughter and I were walking Max around the small lake near my home and we came upon a lovely dogwood tree.  I asked Whitney if she had ever heard the story of the dogwood tree and she said no.  I told her I had always heard that at one time the dogwood tree was very large and the wood was actually used to create the cross that Jesus was crucified on.  After that time, the dogwood near grew large again.  We picked one of the flowers and I told her to notice how there were 4 petals in the shape of a cross and the little middle section looks like a crown of thorns.  There are even small areas at the end of each petal that signify where the nails were.  In child-like wonder she said, "Isn't it just amazing how even a tree knows to do that!"  

There is really no Biblical truth in this story that I know of but I like the story and I LOVED sharing it with Whitney.  She helps me see that faith is very simple.



No comments:

Post a Comment