Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Glory to God - SOLD



There are times I feel so conflicted with my art.  I love to paint from photos and real life references but i also love to paint intuitively, meaning just laying down paint and following it to create the painting.  The real truth about my painting is that I am never satisfied with anything I paint.  I am constantly rethinking and my daughter says I am too critical of my skills.  So yesterday I simply took time to meditate on that and this idea came to me to paint the lovely, larger than life sunflowers I took photos of in Colorado last year.  I decided to just paint for me....what would I really like to paint without a critical voice in my head and guess what?  I love this painting.  When I had to get down on my knees to sign it because it was still on the easel, I thought, "how appropriate".

No comments:

Post a Comment