Thursday, March 16, 2017

Henry - SOLD



I am still painting rabbits.  This one is more abstract and his name is Henry.  Peter Rabbit was an animal character in various books written by Beatrix Potter.  Reading about Peter I was reminded that all of the rabbits in the stories wore clothes.  At one point, Peter's cousin, Benjamin, took Peter bag to Mr. McGregor's garden to retrieve the clothes Peter lost.  They were gathering onions to give to Peter's mother when they were captured by Mr McGregor's cat.  Benjamin's father rescues them but they got in trouble for going into the garden.  I loved reading these stories to my kids, especially my oldest son who listened intently each time and even had his own make believe friend who traveled with him into Mr. McGregor's garden.  I named this distant cousin of Peter's Henry.....Henry does not wear human clothes.



No comments:

Post a Comment