Saturday, February 11, 2017

Angel Leading Into The Light - SOLD



There have been times when I viewed an abstract painting and had the thought that the artist just “threw some paint” on the canvas.  Never again will I think that.  I have recently taken a course with Mindy Lacefield that encouraged a more intuitive way of painting.  Placing colors on your canvas, covering it actually and then looking for the painting to emerge.  She also encourages using your hands to apply the paint, actually feeling the medium, the canvas and creating different textures.  I have been amazed at this process and have been impressed with the fact that the image that appeared seemed in some way to just want to be created.  I have also found that someone will just "know" that the painting is for them personally.  I know that sounds crazy but I can only say it is the hardest way to paint I have ever tried but it is the most fulfilling.  I spent days on this painting, much more time than I usually spend but I saw things come about that I would never have done on my own.  I have a tendency to use the same brush strokes and even, some of the same colors but this painting I found new colors and nuances.  

An angel appeared and then I started thinking about angels.  What or who are they?   The Bible points out that angels are beings who have greater power and ability than humans.  (2 Peter 2:11).  There also appears to be many of them.  For an example, a vision given to the apostle John included a glimpse of hundreds of millions of angels. (Revelation 5:11)  I could not find a verse that states each person has a personal angel but it does seem that children do.  In Matthew 18:10 Jesus said, “Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven."  


I did find some very encouraging verses regarding how angels seem to be involved in our lives.  The Bible says, “the angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them.” (Psalm 34:7) and in Psalm 91:11, “For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways."  They seem to be kind of secretive or at least they do not announce their presence.   We also see in Hebrews that “some have unwittingly entertained angels”.  That is very interesting.  I have met some angels along the way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment